Welcome!

Here I will be discussing the aspects of growing old, living young, and being the person you want to become. Also, as life is to be enjoyed, I will be including some short stories for your entertainment. Entries will be tagged Fiction and Non-Fiction for your convenience. If you only want fiction, click the button below, and the same goes for non-fiction. I hope you will enjoy my writing style and voice. Stay tuned, as I will also announce when I complete my books.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sandy Beach

This story was renamed "Dreams that the Heart Remembers," inspiring me to start writing my first novel. Since that time in 2008, I have begun many projects totaling to 11 books. This story is obviously fiction and will be tagged as such for the blog. All non-fiction pieces will also be noted. I wanted to rewrite this piece, but I just can't.
Get your cheese hats on because this story embraces the gold mine of romantic cheesery.

Let me know what you think. Also, look forward to posts once or twice a week on this here blog!

Sandy Beach

A man speaks to his newfound sweetheart under the beautifully encrypted sunset of the painted sky. “My love,” he said, “I have searched for you all my life, and now I have brought you to the only place that I find as beautiful as you. Look! Off there in the distance! Do you see the sun crawling down the sky, as it calmly says goodnight to us and good morning to those on the other side?”
“I do, but why must you bring me so far out here on this cold summer’s night?” said the lovely maiden.
“Why, my dear? Well, can’t you see? This place, it is far greater than any other place and the cold chill of the night makes my heart desire to hold you closer, to stay true to our love. You see, as I walk with you by this ocean side, I cannot help but admire your beauty and see the glorious gift that God gave me: sending you into my life.”
“Oh, my dear, I knew I loved you! I knew I did!” cried the girl. “The only man I could dare say ‘I love you’ to, would be you, for your heart is so refined and pure from all the others.”
“My love,” spoke the young man, “I am left speechless, for you words have cut my tongue and pierced my heart.”
The romantic night got darker, as the couple sat and stared into the starry night, on the soft sand of the wondrous beach. As they went to sit down the man took off his white, warm coat and laid it on the soft, dreamy sand for his love to rest upon. The night grew cold, but his love for her grew warmer and warmer.
“My love,” said the man, as he carefully filed through each tiny grain of sand, that fell trough his tender hands, “even if I were to count each individual grain of sand on this beach and all other beaches in the world, the abundance thereof would not be as great as my love for you. Your smile radiates with happiness, as the moon begins to rise high into the sky; for it is your happiness that brings me joy and your tears that break my heart. But do not fear my love, for I will not let you stay sad for much longer. Our time here is limited, but my love for you is eternal and our tears shall be shed together. To think that I have been searching for you my whole life is incredibly hard to imagine. Come, my love, let us walk.”
The beautiful couple got up from their restful spot and began to walk down the beach, with the white foamy waves floating alongside them. While under the clear moonlight that was breaking through the senseless clouds, they came to a tall, gallant, stone arch found on the southern side of the shoreline.
“Oh how my heart is gladdened this night,” said the women “and I never would have expected to find such a beautiful place with a man as handsome and gracious as you are.”
“Well, my dear, as I have been told since I was young, ‘a heart will teach you all things, good and bad, but the feelings you receive from other’s hearts are how you know you are truly in love.’ This arch that we stand under was created by a supreme power, through the waves and the sand, but the power of that being brought me to you and has made my heart change so much that it has fallen in love with you.”
“Oh my...” said the women astonishingly, “I cannot seem to find the words to respond to such great poetry.”
“My dear, do not speak,” calmed the young man, putting his finger to her mouth, “for your unbreakable love has already spoken your words for you.” He fell gently to one knee. “So, answer me this one question… Will you marry me?”
“Yes!” she cried, as she fell to the ground, “Of course I will! When I first met you, I would not have said yes, but now that I know your heart, I cannot say no. I love you.”
“My dear, I love you too, and no power in the sky could ever be capable of taking my love from you. Let us go and share our love with our families and friends, for your eyes are gleaming with the sight of tears and I do not want to see you cry.”
“But,” said the woman calmly, “these tears are different; they are not tears of sadness, but tears of joy and love.”
The newly united couple ran back to their car and drove off into the still, silent night. Yet as the youth and joy left that cold summer’s night, the sun began to rise and shine with glorious colors. In the morning, a family arrived at the same beach that the lovers had recently departed from that night.
“Honey, look at that beach. Does it look familiar?” asked the husband excitedly.
“Oh my goodness, it is so different than what I remember,” said the wife, discouraged.
“What do you mean?”
“Well, this is the same beach that, twenty years ago, you asked me to be your wife and now it is far more ugly and nothing like what I fell in love with before.”
            “Well, honey,” said the husband fearfully, “maybe others still find it beautiful.”
“How? There is nothing here but a sandy beach and an old stone arch that is covered with ugly shells. Look at the ocean, the waves that crash on the beach, they do nothing but make the sand shrink and disappear.”
Almost instantly, the ocean departed from that place, the archways, under the once glorious ocean, became visible and the sun rose high into the sky. The land heated up and the beautiful sandy beach grew larger and larger as the water diminished.  Millions of arches appeared and the heat grew so intense that nearly all life that was ever capable of living left that place, and those that failed to make it out, died. This valley of death, as it is now called, became a glorious encryption of stoned arches and intriguing artwork, but the true beauty of the once glorious and sandy beach could never be seen again. To have love for something must mean that the love for them will never fade, no matter how much the object, substance, or person changes over time. Just as the waves shape, mold, and diminish the stones into sand, so must we embrace the changes that fall upon our shores.
Derek (refindthetime)

11/6/08

No comments:

Post a Comment